LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
- Full Time
Dignity Care Group, Inc.
Nursing Care | Omaha, Nebraska | Dignity Care Group
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Clinical Manager
RISK OF EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS – HIGH
- Provide skilled nursing care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Perform selected skilled actions in the provision of curative, rehabilitative, palliative or preventative nursing care.
- Is responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based on the individual’s nursing experience and educational preparation.
- Assist the Registered Nurse in carrying out the plan of care.
- Assist the Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures as directed by the Registered Nurse under physician’s orders.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation and continuing evaluation of the patient care plan.
- Recognize and understand the effects of social and economic problems upon patients and provides for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Help teach the patient the appropriate self-care techniques.
- Foster cooperative effort among personnel by understanding the functions of other persons involved in patient care and by active participation in team and staff conferences.
- Assume responsibility for personal and vocational growth and development through active participation in nursing organizations and participating in in-service programs and other on the job learning.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes (not to include. admission).
- Observe, record, and report to the appropriate person patient symptoms, reactions and changes including:
- The general physical and mental condition of patients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of untoward changes.
- Stresses in human relationships between the patients and staff personnel and between patients and their families and visitors.
- Observe, record and report to.the appropriate person the general physical and mental condition of patients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of changes in condition.
- Assist with the rehabilitation of patients according to the medical care plan by encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of the patient and encouraging patients to help themselves using their own capabilities.
- Further assist in rehabilitation by reporting any abnormality in the patient’s range of motion, body mechanics or body alignment.
- Actively participate in nursing organizations and promotes and participates in in-service programs.
TREATMENTS AND PROCEDURES
The Licensed Practical Nurse with the education and proven clinical competence may perform certain treatments/procedures provided the Home Health Agency’s policies and the State’s Regulatory Acts allow their performance. Only advance LPNs with documented skill in performing these functions may:
- Administer medications
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing in English is required.
- The ability to access patients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required.
- Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient’s condition and to perform patient care.
- Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and Standing and minimal to maximum lifting of patients and the turning of patients.
Utilization of calculator, multi-line telephone, copy machine, basic medical equipment.
Has access to all patient medical records, personnel records and patient financial accounts which may be discussed with the Executive Director, Director of Reimbursement, Employee Relations and Quality Assurance department Staff.
- Graduation an approved practical nursing program passed the National Council Licensing Examination-Practical Nurse NCLEX-PN) or State Board Test Pool Examination.
- Must be licensed in Nebraska to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- One or more years in home health agency or in a hospital setting. Home health experience preferred.
- Must have a criminal background check.
- Must have current CPR certification.